Vicky was the President of the Federation of Motor Sports Association of India (FMSCI) for 7 out of the 10 years from 2003 to 2013. He is the Vice President of the Madras Motorsports Club and a trustee of the Madras Motorsports Trust which governs India’s international race track in Madras.
He has been in the business of Automobile spare parts and Motorsports for many decades.
- Started Motor Racing in 1972 at the Sholavaram Race Track in an Ambassador and raced till the year 2001.
- Raced Formula Ford in 1982 and graduated to Formula 2 from 1983 till 1989. Raced at Sholavaram in Madras, Safdarjung in Delhi and Barrackpore in Kolkatta. Has had the pleasure of racing against the likes of Vijay Mallya in a Formula 1 car, the Late Maharaj Kumar of Gondal in a F5000 car, the late S Karivardan in the Formula Atlantic and various other luminaries like Jim Crawford. Tiff Needell, Ajit Thomas, David Pieris etc.
- Also raced the F3 in 1993.
- Has participated in many National rallies and races and ended his driving career after winning the South India Rally in the year 2000.
- Has taken part in perhaps close to 500 events of all kinds in this country and had a collection of 360 trophies over the years. He donated 200 plus trophies a few years ago to the various poor schools in Madras which they used for their sports day activities.
- He also had the rare privilege of taking part in the 2 Wheeler National Rallies of over 3800 kms in length as the official Factory rider for Royal Enfield and Vijai Scooters. He also won the first motocross championship in India on an Enfield 200 motorcycle. WSRF also launched the Maruti 1000 into the Motorsport scene and with it won the toughest South India Rally in Kodaikanal on its debut.
- Vicky has rallied all over India including doing the Himalayan rally in an Ambassador, Fiat and Mark 2 Ford Escort.
- In 2005 he had the privilege of leading the Asean Rally delegation of 60 vehicles on behalf of the FMSCI as directed by the Office of the Prime Minister of India. This event of 21 days covered India, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. This was done to establish a road link over 8800 kms in the Asean region.
- Vicky also served on the Motorsport governing body which is the FIA as the Deputy Delegate from India as well as a Member of the FIA –CIK Karting commission. He was the Vice Chairman of Sports Operations at the Inaugural Indian F1 GP and continues to serve in an advisory capacity to the JPSI who are the owners of the Buddh International Circuit
- In the past many years he has organized to bring down various international events to India some of which are the Formula Campus, Porsche Supercars, Formula Asia, Formula 3 and many other such events.
- He formed the MRF Motorsport team in 1982 when they made their debut in racing and rallying and ran their motorsport programme until 1989. From 1993 until 2001 he ran the JK Tyre motorsport programme and WSRF also prepared seven cars for the National Rally championships of which the team won it for 5 years.
- In the year 1987 along with the late S Karivaradhan WSRF put together 30 of the single seater Formula Maruti cars which formed the backbone of all single seater racing in India and transformed track racing.
- He today plays a very active role in the promotion and organization of Motoring events & officiating at International events.